Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading connects you to people, technology and liquidity, across the global markets.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading offers you one of the most comprehensive trading solutions in the world. Whether you trade equities, derivatives, fixed income or foreign exchange across Asia, Europe or the Americas, our team of experts helps you make sense of a complex trading landscape. From our REDIPlus® and REDI Trader® execution management systems and our extensive FIX connectivity network, to our multi-asset algorithms and our SIGMA X™ liquidity suite, our cutting-edge technology enables you to meet your trading objectives.
View Goldman Sachs' milestones in Electronic Trading. Click below to select a year.
Milestones for 1979
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. registered as a Futures Commission Merchant
Milestones for 1992
- First version of REDI (Rapid Execution Dot Interface) launches
Milestones for 1993
- GS gets involved in ETF market making from industry inception
Milestones for 1997
- Spear, Leeds & Kellogg, L.P. (SLK) launches REDIBook, one of the leading ECNs
Milestones for 1998
- SEC Implements Reg ATS covering ECNs
- Goldman Sachs offers US Treasuries electronically
Milestones for 1999
- Goldman Sachs Group becomes a publicly traded company (ticker: GS)
- Goldman Sachs acquires Hull Derivatives in the same year
Milestones for 2000
- Goldman Sachs acquires SLK in Goldman's largest acquisition ever. Prior to this transaction, SLK was the largest privately held securities firm in America
- REDIPlus adds US options and futures
- Goldman Sachs offers European government bonds electronically
- Goldman Sachs offers Agencies electronically
- GS extends ETF operations to Europe as market develops internationally
Milestones for 2001
- REDIBook ECN Merges with ARCA
- Goldman Sachs offers Mortgages electronically
- Goldman Sachs offers US Commercial paper electronically
- Goldman Sachs offers Pfandbrief electronically
Milestones for 2002
- Goldman Sachs provides a suite of sophisticated advanced trading tools
- Smart Order Routing available for equities and options
- REDIPlus extends reach into Europe and integrates with various Order Management Systems
- Goldman Sachs offers Agency discount notes.
- Goldman Sachs offers Supras electronically.
- Goldman Sachs offers Corporates electronically.
- Goldman Sachs offers EUR Commercial paper electronically.
Milestones for 2003
- Goldman Sachs offers a single platform for trading single stocks and portfolios
- Goldman Sachs offers Dollar supras electronically.
- Portfolio Trader and Spread Trader integrated into REDIPlus
Milestones for 2004
- SLK L.P. renamed Goldman Sachs Execution & Clearing, L.P.
- Goldman Sachs adds additional asset classes offering a fully multi-product offering for equities, derivatives, foreign exchange and synthetics
Milestones for 2005
- GSET extends reach into Asia and Canada by adding access to additional global liquidity sources. Over a dozen Asian equities and futures exchanges available, including the full suite of global algorithmic capabilities to complement the North American and European offering
- Goldman Sachs offers Interest Rate Swaps electronically
Milestones for 2006
- Goldman Sachs creates the largest U.S. crossing network, SIGMA X
- Multi-broker access available to all REDIPlus and FIX clients around the world
- Multiple destinations established for clients to route orders to and from their OMS/EMS of choice
- Algorithmic offering moves into portfolio level and multi-asset categories
Milestones for 2007
- SIGMA X launches in Japan
- Goldman Sachs is the first foreign broker to provide electronic access to trade China 'A' Shares
Milestones for 2008
- SIGMA X crosses a record 531MM shares (double counted) and average daily volume reaches 332MM shares (double counted)
- GSET clients can now trade Mexican equities
Milestones for 2009
- GSET launches SIGMA routing for Canadian-US inter-listed stocks
- GSET announces SIGMA X single counting on the basis of customer-to-customer shares executed in SIGMA X ATS
- GSET announces the launch of its enhanced shortfall model (GSSM)
- GSET Asia expands full algorithm suite to India
- Goldman Sachs offers Overnight Index Swaps electronically
Milestones for 2010
- Goldman Sachs ranked #1 in Bloomberg Markets magazines' Global Equities Brokers' Execution Quality Rankings
- REDIPlus can be offered to clients via Cloud Computing (ROCC)
- GSET launches 1CLICK, thereby offering streamlines access to GSET algorithmic strategies
- Goldman Sachs launches Direct Market Access and Algorithmic Trading for Brazilian equities
- GSET introduces GSET 1CLICK for Options
- Goldman Sachs offers US repo electronically
- Spot Gold and Silver launched on REDI Trader
- GSET launches REDI MAST; Multi-Asset Spread Trading functionality now available through REDIPlus
Milestones for 2011
- GSET launches BlockStrike®, a block liquidity strategy for North American equities
- GSET provides access for Brazilian futures on REDIPlus (DMA and algorithms)
- Goldman Sachs receives FSA approval to launch SIGMA X MTF
- The TRADE's 2011 Algorithmic Trading survey ranks GSET as the Top Rated Algorithmic Trading Provider among Leading Clients (Leading Clients are classified by their use of algorithms, AUM, and the number of providers they use). GSET also won awards for Reducing Market Impact and Ease of Use.
- SIGMA (Europe) establishes a new record, crossing $1.8 Billion
- GSET launches REDI Trader for ETFs and Commodities
For more information about Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading, please contact us.